This holiday season your support can help make a difference in the lives of thousands of at-risk children and youth across the city. It’s not too late to include the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa in your year-end giving.
The Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa (BGCO) is a registered charity that provides 4,500 children and youth in seven at-risk neighbourhoods across the city with a safe space during the most vulnerable hours of the day, and FREE access to life-changing programs in four key programming pillars that are purposefully designed to drive personal development.
Why support the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa
- Your support stays local and supports those who are most in need
- The Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa has the greatest reach and impact on children and youth in the city. In 2016, Club visits reached an all-time high with over 114,000 visits.
56% (over $2.5 million) of the Club’s annual revenue currently comes from individual and corporate donors. As the demand for Club resources in our community continues to grow, and public sector funding is cutback and minimum wages increase, the need for private funding is greater than ever.
- Just 9% of funds raised goes to cover administration costs. This means 91% goes directly to program delivery.
Barrier Free Access
The BGCO invests in Ottawa’s community by elevating tomorrow’s generation. The BGCO is the only afterschool youth
services organization providing barrier-free access to:
Safe, open and readily accessible facilities in seven vulnerable locations across the city plus a summer camp
- A multitude of quality development programs designed to empower youth to reach their full potential and give them confidence and skills for life
Inclusivity and openness to all regardless of race, religion, social or economic status
Structured programs tailored to support working families and community’s needs
Regularly available, structured, supervised group environments
- Passionate and highly skilled staff
- Carefully screened and devoted volunteers
How You Can Help Build a Better Community
You can help thousands of Ottawa’s at-risk children and youth reach their full potential by supporting the highest priority needs of the Club (general funding) or you may choose to designate your funds to the programming pillar that has the greatest meaning for you personally. Your gift will make a significant impact in serving the needs of our community. We could not do what we do without donor support, thank you!
Choose where your gift goes:
Thank you for showing your support of children and youth in Ottawa!