The Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa strongly protects our Members, our Staff and our Volunteers. Before you can begin volunteering, you must complete our Volunteer Screening Process.
Complete our Online Volunteer Application Form.
- Note: Do not complete this form if you are a high-school student. Instead, please visit a Clubhouse and speak to a Senior Youth Worker about potential volunteer opportunities.
Attend an Interview with Volunteer Services
- Volunteer Services reviews all Volunteer Applications and will contact successful candidates to attend an Interview.
- Interviews are an opportunity for you to ask questions and learn about volunteering with BGCO, as well as an opportunity for us to find out more about you in hopes of matching your interests and skills with the needs of BGCO.
Obtain a copy of a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC).
- BGCO requires volunteers working directly with our members to have a current PVSC (less than six months old). If you do not have a current PVSC, we will provide all candidates with a Letter of Request at their Interview to obtain the PVSC at no cost.
- PVSCs can take several weeks, and we do encourage all candidates to complete their PVSC online to expedite the process.
- An Authenticated Electronic Copy of your completed PVSC will be accepted by BGCO.
- All Volunteer Candidates are asked to provide two references on their Application Form. References will be asked to complete an online reference form regarding the candidate’s suitability to volunteer with BGCO.
- Volunteer Candidates will become familiar with BGCO Policies and Procedures; meet Staff, Volunteers and Members; discuss availability and scheduling; become familiar with your location with a Clubhouse tour.
Welcome to the BGCO Volunteer Team
- Begin making a difference in the lives of our Members!